This workshop focuses on the Business responsibilities and practices needed to effectively prioritize and drive technology projects to achieve the highest business value (ROI) faster. The Product Manager is responsible for priority across the portfolio, department, and programs. The Product Owner is responsible for providing teams with the information they need for implementation.
Topics covered include:
- Business value decisioning: Value criteria, prioritization, sequencing and focusing teams
- Business planning: Portfolio, project, release, and feature level
- Predictability and forecasting
- Business decomposition: Identifying appropriately sized business increments
- Effectively managing demand with capacity based on life-cycle of profit
- Business discovery, staging, and readiness for development
- Business roles, responsibilities, and practices
- Using visual controls and reports to make good business decisions
This workshop is based on the principles of Lead Product Development, providing the big picture while working on the small pieces. Agile analysis has brought about new challenges and new opportunities. Old-school techniques of heavy use-cases or significant up-front analysis no longer work effectively. But how can our requirements be managed effectively when many things are so unclear at the start of a project?
This workshop also goes beyond the Agile mandate of prioritizing stories merely by customer value. It explains why the issues of risk mitigation and customer feedback opportunities must also be considered. By bringing together project management, analysis, development, and QA issues to the role of requirements management in Agile projects, this workshop enables your staff to be more effective than standard Product Owner training.