This webinar is part of the Scaling Scrum to the Enterprise with Lean Software Development series.
This webinar focuses on what developers must attend to when building systems with Agile methods. It discusses an alternative to the choices of:
- Design for the future which often results in overdesign
- Not designing at all which often makes code difficult to change
The mantra of the talk is “minimizing complexity and rework” and shows how to use the advice from Design Patterns, coupled with the attitude of not building what you don’t need from Agile. The talk is basically a compendium of the essential ideas Net Objectives believes that developers need to understand after learning the basics of Scrum or Agile process. At the end of the day, you are still writing code. This webinar is a first start in what you need to know in writing code in an Agile environment.
Attendees will learn:
- How Design Patterns give an alternative design approach to the common approaches of over and under design
- How decoupling modules from the start can often be done in a simple manner without requiring pre-cognitive abilities
- How the understanding of components written by one group and used by another can be defined better