The Kanban Clinic
The Kanban Clinic is a place to learn how to get started with Kanban and to learn more about it. The benefits of Kanban over other agile methods such as Scrum include:
- The ability to do agile when teams are difficult to form due to certain people being in very high demand.
- The ability to control your rate of transition.
- If your teams are overwhelmed with work, the ability to determine what the root cause of the overwork is.
- Getting more insights into the principles of software development.
- Much faster learning than typically achieved with other methods.
See Demystifying Kanban: Understanding Its Many Faces for a full introduction to Kanban (or read Demystifying Kanban for a comparable overview). If you are new to agile as well, you might prefer to watch An Introduction to Kanban as an Overview of Agile.
Or watch a couple of excerpts:
Acceptance Test-Driven Development. ATDD is one of the best returns on investments we know.The benefits are:
- significantly less rework of code
- higher code quality (many fewer bugs - we've had clients reduce bugs by 92% just doing this)
- greater productivity as a result of the higher teamwork and greater quality
- faster regression testing
It accomplishes this by:
- having better conversations with customers/BAs, developers and testers about what is needed
- generating better documentation of the requirements (test specifications add essential clarity)
- providing a platform for automating acceptance tests
More information on ATDD:
Load Balancing Strategies for Kanban Teams
Where to Learn More
See our After Lean-Agile Team Training Support Page if you've just taken one of our Lean-Agile courses.
Please contact us if you have any questions or want some help.